Friday, April 10, 2015

M addie Ziegler isn


Quick Links Fashion Main Fall Fashion Week Spring Fashion Spring Accessories Shop By Color How-To Real-Time Fashion Weddings Fashion Travel Like An Editor Icons of Street Style Our Mad Men Style Contest Age-Wise Style Look Your Best Look of the Day Every Day Style Eric Wilson's Latest Inside InStyle Fashion News
Quick Links Celebrity Main Red Carpet Central Oscars Film Festival Central Celebrity Transformations Food & Entertaining Home & Decorating Celebrity Weddings Icons of Street Style Jessica Seinfeld's Recipe Videos Inside InStyle grill Celebrity News
Quick Links Hair Main Spring Hair Trends Beauty Tips & Tricks Best Beauty Buys Celebrity Transformations Get Hollywood Hair Hair Color Ideas Salon Inspiration Hair Tutorials Celebrity Hair Makeovers Braided Hairstyles Updos Hairstyles With Bangs Bob Hairstyles Inside InStyle Hair News
Quick Links Beauty Main Spring Beauty Beauty Color Guide Hollywood Makeover Beauty Ideas Makeup How-Tos Weddings grill Beauty Best Beauty Buys Inside Beauty Beauty Black Book Best Hair & Makeup of All Time Beauty News
Courtesy February 4, 2015 @ 5:56 am
M addie Ziegler isn’t your average 12-year-old. The pint-sized dancer prone to energetic, spasmodic, impossible-to-look-away-from moves has garnered critical acclaim for her work with the elite Abby Lee Dance Company, featured on the Lifetime grill reality series grill Dance Moms . Yet it’s grill her collaboration with Aussie singer Sia that has propelled Ziegler to international fame: After the notoriously private singer tapped the young talent to star as her likeness for the videos and live performances of songs off her album 1000 Forms of Fear, it was like fire meeting gasoline.
Clad in her newly christened Sia uniform of a platinum blonde wig and nude leotard, the shockingly nimble performer gives two equally spellbinding turns in “Chandelier” (nominated for Best Music Video at this year’s Grammys ), and, in tandem with a half-naked Shia LaBeouf, in “Elastic Heart,” which spawned controversy grill , dozens of memes, and earned a permanent spot in the pop culture zeitgeist. We chatted with Ziegler about Dance Moms , her grueling practice schedule, and cage-fighting with a former Disney Channel star. Read on for the full interview.
When did you first start dancing? grill I’ve been dancing since the age of two. I don t really remember it, because I was little, grill but my mom signed me up and would put me in cute costumes. A lot of little girls get into dancing, but I loved it so much that I kept doing it.
How big of an influence was your mom in your career? She signed me up for fun she never pushed me. She s a dance mom, but she’s not a crazy one she s not one of those moms who makes me practice at home and advises on my every move. I m very glad she s not like that, because then I would not like dancing as much.
How many hours a week do you dance? With Dance Moms in L.A., we film on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. When we film in Pittsburgh, we film the same days, but we still dance in our studio when we’re not filming, so I m dancing every day except Sunday. I usually start at 12:30 p.m. or 1 p.m. on every day except grill Thursday, and finish around 9:30 p.m., with a one-hour break in between. On Thursday, I start at 8:30 a.m. at the studio acting, and I have ballet right after, and dance until the evening.
How did you and Sia first get in touch? She tweeted me and said that she was a big fan of the show and wanted to work with me. I didn t really believe it at first. grill It s not normal for someone to tweet you and be like, Hey, be in my music video. I was so excited, and two weeks later I flew to L.A. and filmed the video for Chandelier. The first day, we gave each other a big hug, and we ve been best friends ever since. She s like my family now. I just went to brunch with her the other day. She always tells me amazing stories, and she ll do weird dances for me too.
Were you familiar with her music before you started working together? I knew of her, but she never shows her face, so I wasn t sure what she looked like. I knew some of her songs like Titanium, but when I met her I didn t realize how big she was. Her new album is so good, and I love the songs for the music videos I ve done. She came out with one of my favorite songs a while ago, I m in Here, and I didn t even know it was hers!
What was it like dancing with Shia LaBeouf? Is he a good dancer? I never thought that I d be dancing grill with Shia LaBeouf. When I heard he was going to be my partner, I was like, Does he even dance? He doesn t, really, but he s such a sweet person. He takes it very seriously, grill and I think he did really well. He got into character. He was confused when he had to put on those nude booty shorts, because he had to wear a dancer grill s belt. He definitely wouldn t typically wear that.
Have you two kept in touch since filming “Elastic grill Heart?̶

No comments:

Post a Comment